Recently at MareZilla.com

Recently at MareZilla.com:
#TrumpDay – Hardcore Edition

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Even in your darkest hour, the light of the LORD is there for you

This is not my typical Zilla post. I'm taking a break from politics today to bring you a message that I was given to share...

Yesterday was looking to be a very bad day for me, and I had no way to change it but to pray and trust in God that things would be all right. By the end of the day they were. I am still here, by the grace of God.
He sent me aid and comfort and blessed me with kind and loving friends and even a stranger (who was just a friend I hadn't met yet).

This was not an isolated incident. So many times I have been to the brink of utter destruction, even near death experiences, and when all hope would appear to be lost, there He was to catch my fall and gently put me back to safety.

I know He does this for a reason, and there is an important lesson that I needed to learn.  I think I finally understand, and although I may not have the proper words to explain it, I know I need to share it with all who may need to learn it as well.

God hears our prayers, all of them, and He listens to our hearts. If we have faith and truly believe, all things are possible with His guidance.

Sometimes what He does for us is not obvious to our eyes, and we don't get exactly what we'd hoped for, but He sustains and protects us, in His way, and He never ever fails.


Today, I remembered a line I have heard before, so I looked it up; it's part of Psalm 118. I read the whole thing and I felt that I was meant to read it, and share it with you. So here it is below. May peace be with you, and may you never feel alone, because you never really are:


Psalm 118











New American Bible
1 I Give thanks to the LORD, who is good, whose love endures forever.
2 Let the house of Israel say: God's love endures forever.
3 Let the house of Aaron say, God's love endures forever.
4 Let those who fear the LORD say, God's love endures forever.
5 II In danger I called on the LORD; the LORD answered me and set me free.
6 The LORD is with me; I am not afraid; what can mortals do against me?
7 The LORD is with me as my helper; I shall look in triumph on my foes.
8 Better to take refuge in the LORD than to put one's trust in mortals.
9 Better to take refuge in the LORD than to put one's trust in princes.
10 III All the nations surrounded me; in the LORD'S name I crushed them.
11 They surrounded me on every side; in the LORD'S name I crushed them.
12 They surrounded me like bees; they blazed like fire among thorns; in the LORD'S name I crushed them.
13 I was hard pressed and falling, but the LORD came to my help.
14 The LORD, my strength and might, came to me as savior.
15 IV The joyful shout of deliverance is heard in the tents of the victors: The LORD'S right hand strikes with power;
16 the LORD'S right hand is raised; the LORD'S right hand strikes with power.
17 I shall not die but live and declare the deeds of the LORD.
18 The LORD chastised me harshly, but did not hand me over to death.
19 V Open the gates of victory; I will enter and thank the LORD.
20 This is the LORD'S own gate, where the victors enter.
21 I thank you for you answered me; you have been my savior.
22 The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.
23 By the LORD has this been done; it is wonderful in our eyes.
24 This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice in it and be glad.
25 LORD, grant salvation! LORD, grant good fortune!
26 VI Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD. We bless you from the LORD'S house.
27 The LORD is God and has given us light. Join in procession with leafy branches up to the horns of the altar.
28 VII You are my God, I give you thanks; my God, I offer you praise.
29 Give thanks to the LORD, who is good, whose love endures forever. 


Cross-posted at my other blog: MJ Stevenson Blog

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN and AMEN thank you for sharing this !!

Kim said...

You made my day today Zilla. When we follow His word and do His work we will be fine. And you my friend are a shining example of that.

Anonymous said...

That entire Psalm is not only about God's provision in times of trouble, but it is a direct and stunning prediction of Christ's coming redemption.

My heart is so full of joy for you; the change in you is amazing and I can actually see the imprint of God's hand on you. I can sense the presence of the Holy Spirit in you in a powerful and life changing way and I am humbled to tears to think that I had even a tiny fraction to do with it.

Thank you, more than you will ever know, for trusting me. I know how precious and important it is to you and I have never, ever taken it lightly.

I love you sister....

Post a Comment

Trolls: Tired of seeing your comments deleted? Pay Me and I'll let you stay!

Subscription prices to be whitelisted as an accepted troll
Username to be Whitelisted

The Famous A-C Page!

Zilla of the Resistance on Facebook