Recently at MareZilla.com

Recently at MareZilla.com:
#TrumpDay – Hardcore Edition

Friday, October 22, 2010

Not an Overhaul but a Much Needed Tune-Up

Those familiar with my work as Zilla likely see me as someone quite formidable and not one that should be crossed, but in truth, my abrasiveness is just a tiny part of me that comes from a small dark place in my soul which has recently been given far too much air time. That ends now.


No, I am not going soft on you, but I have come to the realization that I cannot fight the darkness in our world properly if I am giving voice to that which resides inside myself. I am basically a good natured and nice person, but I do have a mean streak which can be seen in my sarcasm and proficiency with profanity. I have enjoyed saying snarky things about people who have done terrible things to our country, I have taken pleasure in cursing them and using bad words to describe them. I can no longer indulge in that, because true happiness does not come from dark places, the temporary good feeling I had from doing these things was in fact a deception that I fell for but I will not be deceived again.

I am still, as I have always been, dedicated to the truth and exposing the evil which surrounds us, but I am making an adjustment to my battle plan.

An epiphany was sent to me which I cannot properly explain in terms that don't make me feel as if you'd all think I've gone crazy, so at this moment I am not going to try. I can tell you that you'll see less cursing from me and while I will still be selecting a new over the top unhinged leftist to highlight each day, I'll no longer be using the "DBotD" word, because even if I changed the meaning to something innocuous like "Dumb Bum of the Day", in my heart I would still know what it means and it would still be giving voice to the dark place in my heart that I have allowed to grow too large.

I will still continue running the A-C page because I believe the work we do there is important, I'll still be blogging here, and I still will not cave into the cultural marxism of political correctness, but if you are reading what I write at home or at work, you will no longer have to worry about someone peering over your shoulder and wondering why you are reading such caustic words.

Tomorrow I will be back to discussing political stuff, but tonight before I go to be I will leave you with what I read and reflected on today - I do not generally quote scripture, but once in a while I stumble across soemthing that feels as if it was meant for me to read and that I am supposed to share it, so here it is, for you as much as it is for me, from the Bible, Ephesians Chapter 4:

1
1 I, then, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live in a manner worthy of the call you have received,
2
with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love,
3
striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace:
4
2 one body and one Spirit, as you were also called to the one hope of your call;
5
one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6
one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
7
But grace was given to each of us according to the measure of Christ's gift.
8
Therefore, it says: "He ascended 3 on high and took prisoners captive; he gave gifts to men."
9
What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended into the lower (regions) of the earth?
10
The one who descended is also the one who ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.
11
4 And he gave some as apostles, others as prophets, others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers,
12
to equip the holy ones for the work of ministry, 5 for building up the body of Christ,
13
until we all attain to the unity of faith and knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, 6 to the extent of the full stature of Christ,
14
so that we may no longer be infants, tossed by waves and swept along by every wind of teaching arising from human trickery, from their cunning in the interests of deceitful scheming.
15
Rather, living the truth in love, we should grow in every way into him who is the head, Christ, 7
16
from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, with the proper functioning of each part, brings about the body's growth and builds itself up in love.
17
8 So I declare and testify in the Lord that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds;
18
darkened in understanding, alienated from the life of God because of their ignorance, because of their hardness of heart,
19
they have become callous and have handed themselves over to licentiousness for the practice of every kind of impurity to excess.
20
That is not how you learned Christ,
21
assuming that you have heard of him and were taught in him, as truth is in Jesus,
22
that you should put away the old self of your former way of life, corrupted through deceitful desires,
23
and be renewed in the spirit of your minds,
24
and put on 9 the new self, created in God's way in righteousness and holiness of truth.
25
10 Therefore, putting away falsehood, speak the truth, each one to his neighbor, for we are members one of another.
26
Be angry but do not sin; do not let the sun set on your anger, 11
27
and do not leave room for the devil.
28
The thief must no longer steal, but rather labor, doing honest work 12 with his (own) hands, so that he may have something to share with one in need.
29
No foul language should come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for needed edification, that it may impart grace to those who hear.
30
And do not grieve the holy Spirit of God, with which you were sealed for the day of redemption. 13
31
All bitterness, fury, anger, shouting, and reviling must be removed from you, along with all malice.
32
(And) be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving one another as God has forgiven you in Christ.

I honestly believe that the change in my approach to the battle we have ahead of us will make me much more effective than I have ever been before.  Peace be with you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ain't seen nothing yet sister...:) It's going to be amazing...:)

Phil said...

First Dana now you. I am not sure the world is ready for all these neo-liberals. Just teasing. I enjoy reading you at your sweetest and at your most caustic. You are a bright light shining in the dimness.
Phil

Tlchimes said...

I'm with Phil.

You, how ever you walk, are a wise, needed friend.

Zilla of the Resistance said...

Thank you, but this is not a move towards liberalism by any stretch of the imagination, I am simply becoming more CONSERVATIVE in other aspects of my life.

Kim said...

Absolutely amazing Zilla!
I love your biting wit but as you said; you can get more from people with kindness than bitterness.
I too have a biting tongue and sometimes it gets the best of me. If I take a deep breath and actually Listen....I can respond more effectively.
Well said friend! And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one going through this epiphany!

Zilla of the Resistance said...

Yes, Kim, it seems to be a wonderfully blessed epidemic! I have spoken to MANY who are feeling the same alterations of perspective and behavior. Something big is coming...

Post a Comment

Trolls: Tired of seeing your comments deleted? Pay Me and I'll let you stay!

Subscription prices to be whitelisted as an accepted troll
Username to be Whitelisted

The Famous A-C Page!

Zilla of the Resistance on Facebook